Sunday 24 August 2014

A Teacher in Training

Teaching has always been a possible career path for me. I am still not sure whether I can see myself being a teacher in 5 years (when I eventually graduate), but this trip (rather surprisingly) hasn’t discouraged me! Looking through some of the comments I have made in my students’ books, I realise that maybe I am a teacher at heart.

“You seem to be making the same mistakes as your friend. Remember it is better to work independently.”

“I am particularly suspicious of this answer seeing as you didn’t write the question down correctly!”

“Just remember to ask if you don’t know what you are doing”

“Excellent work well done”

“Remember to show your working”

“Where did this answer come from?”

“Very neat working, but try to answer more questions in future”

“We have been doing this work for 2 lessons AND a homework. You simply haven’t done enough of it!”

“We are meant to be dividing!”

“Yes those are the questions I wanted you to do. But where are your answers?”

“Show your working!”

“Very close to the correct answer! But how did you work this out!”

“I said don’t use a calculator!”

“SHOW YOUR WORKING!”

“Keep up the good work!”

“I will go through all this with you in person. Don’t worry about it!”

“NO CALCULATORS”

“You need to work a lot faster in class.”

“I don’t want to see you talking in class again!”

“Where is your work?!”

“See me”

“You can’t just write down the answers from the back of the book! Particularly as that answer in the book is wrong!”

But a particularly common trait of teachers, which I have keenly adopted, is the use of stickers. My students go mad for them -  even the grade 12s!

No comments:

Post a Comment